2022 MEDIA ACCESS AT SMSP
On this page:
- Contact Us
- ARDC Media Policy (General)
- Accreditation at ARDC Media Events
- General guidelines for Media at SMSP
Sydney Motorsport park is a unique venue, and each filming and photographic requirement can be (and usually is) also atypical.
Read on for general policies, but the best first step is to CONTACT US with your requirements so we can get you started.
For all photography and filming general enquiries and applications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +612 9672 1000 and ask for Samantha Stevens.
Broadcast/Live Stream: Please submit your initial request to email@example.com or call us on 9672 1000 and ask for Shane White to begin the process of application.
ARDC MEDIA POLICY (GENERAL)
Media activity at Sydney Motorsport Park (SMSP) is at the discretion of the Australian Racing Drivers’ Club (ARDC), unless specified by the promoter of an event, who will take all responsibility, insurance and liabilities for media on the premises during their event.
The ARDC requires that any media attending any event or activity at the venue (including motorsport experiences, driver safety and training, corporate events and general media coverage) inform the venue of their plans no less than seven (7) days prior to the event, and have their activity approved by the ARDC.
Media applications after this deadline and up to/including on the day will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances.
The ARDC reserves the right to deny or remove media access at any time, ie inappropriate behaviour or violation of event rules.
MEDIA ACCREDITATION FOR ARDC-OPERATED EVENTS
Media for ARDC events can be applied for using the online forms linked below, however many of our events have their own accreditation process, and the individual promoters must be contacted for applications.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure of your application process, or cannot complete our online application; we are happy to assist you.
Receipt of this application is not an automatic approval of credentials. We will contact you to confirm approval.
2022 MEDIA ACCREDITATIONBelow are the events for which the ARDC accredits media at SMSP.
Event not listed? PLEASE CONTACT THE PROMOTER DIRECTLY.
|2022 NSW SUPERSPRINT CHAMPIONSHIP||July 17, 2022||OPEN NOW||COMPETITOR PAGE||COMPETITOR PAGE|
|NSW Motor Race Championship||August 6 - 7, 2022||OPEN NOW||COMPETITOR PAGE||COMPETITOR PAGE|
|ARDC Super 70||September 3 - 4, 2022||COMING SOON||COMPETITOR PAGE||COMPETITOR PAGE|
GENERAL MEDIA INFORMATION
- Credential Access: Pit building, Paddock, and general spectator areas, Media Centre, and infield with the exception of Turn 2/3, Turn 17/18, and the South Circuit/Corporate Hill area. Pit Lane Access at the discretion of Pit Lane Controller (across from garage 1/2)
- The minimum age for approved media credentials is 18 years.
- Photographers must keep a 1m high concrete barrier between themselves and the track at all times.
- Photographers must NEVER cross the track. If any member of the media or the public crosses a hot track at any time, they are to be escorted off the premises with an official warning.
- Photographers must follow the instructions of track officials or flag personnel at all times.
- The appropriate vest MUST be clearly displayed at all times during events. Presentation of a credential signifies to security and flag marshals that the bearer has signed the required release forms and meets the qualifications for entrance into restricted areas. Credentials are non-transferable and will be revoked if used by any other person.
- The only media vests in use at SMSP at any time are the Sydney Motorsport Park official vests, or current year CAMS vests. Any exception to this rule ie a hirer using their own branded vests MUST be submitted to and accepted by the ARDC, and all security and event staff notified with details and an image of the vest no later than seven (7) days before the event.
- Collection points of vests varies between events. Approved media will be notified of the location of collection of their media vests by email.
- Photo Vests must be returned to Security at the exit of Gate A unless otherwise specified.
- Failure to return a vest will result in a $50 +GST charge invoiced to the photographer.
The permission for use at Sydney Motorsport Park (SMSP) of Drones, Remote Piloted Aircraft (RPA), unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and Model Aircraft will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Please be aware that unless specifically permitted by SMSP, UAVs are not permitted to be used and doing so could result in your eviction from the circuit. This rule applies regardless of the size or use of those UAVs.